Thursday, October 9, 2014

Welcome Piper Kay- M/M Erotica Author


 1.     What prompted you to write a sexy read such as the Invicta series? 
     It was just something that danced around in my head for about a year. To have these guys, that fought their way through some hard times and made it, despite all the odds. They survived, and the two of them were undefeatable no matter what came their way, as long as they were together.  They wanted to show others that they didn’t have to go down their path, and despite any situation, there was always a way out. Kade and Holt do this for a group of guys, all having their own issues. They give them that safe haven and who would have ever thought that it would take place in a go-go club, that these strangers would find family there.
2.       
     What chapter is your favorite and why? Give me the sexiest line in the chapter.  
      Hmmm… okay, Just one?   Ch 12. That kiss floored me. Reaching for him, I cradle his face in my palm, and make my way up to his ear. "Your mouth tastes so fucking good," I whisper in his ear.
   
3.       Do your children know you write erotica, and if so how do they feel about it? 
     My two oldest kids have known since the beginning what I write. They like seeing mom happy and passionate about something, plus they tell their friends, which makes me turn beet red. They like that part the best I think-little heathens. Lol. My youngest only recently found out and she’s good with it too. I’m mom and they are 100% supportive of it, of everything I do. Perks of being the mom.

4.       Are the names of the characters in your novels important? 
      They’re important to me in the fact that I like something different and unique. I do look up the meanings and try to associate it to a character trait related to them.

5.       What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer? 
      There is no such thing as a sane writer. It’s all a myth. No kidding. We really have a dungeon we hide in. Okay, really, you have to find a way to turn off the outside world and all the distractions. The most important thing of all is you have to have your head and heart in sync. As writers, we feel so passionate and believe in something so whole heartedly. It can’t be helped, it just is built into us. We have to have support and balance also. Us writers think we suck at writing, or most of us do, yet we still do it. We never think it’s good enough, that it could have been better and that is where support comes in many forms. Especially reviews, because we know in reviews that may be left for us, it’s from complete strangers, with no reason to lie. It’s why we plead for them, to know the truth. That gives us the reassurance that we’re not insane. Even bad reviews can tell us that too. Balance is a matter of juggling things around until you find out how to put it on a schedule between writing, promoting it, family life-any life outside of our writing lives. It’s not easy at all, so whichever dummy said that, well they just flat out lied. hahaha

6.       Do you research your novels? How does one prepare them-self to write a book like this? Watch movies, visit shops, bedroom experiments
      Oh, I love research, and I honestly do research for every book I write. For my Invicta Series, it was a lot of time on youtube, google, urban dictionary, asking friends, etc. There are also parts of it that we draw from personal experience whether ourselves or from friends and people we know.

7. Do you think there is a snobbery against erotica in the U.S.A? 
Yes and no. I think as a whole, the majority of people that live in the USA are more laid back than a lot of other places, but also within the USA, the snobbery part varies from person to person. Some love it, others think it’s wrong maybe based on their upbringing, religious and some even political. Overall, I think it’s more the difference in erotica vs erotica romance where things get pulled in different 
directions.

Piper has a brand spanking new solo release on Tuesday 10/14/14.Invicta: Sanctuary

Be sure to join her upcoming release party on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/305303122969638/


Stalk her @





1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jennifer, appreciate this a lot. See, here I was reading through this thinking 'wow, I should have worded that differently, etc.' Insanity, we all have it really. lol ~hugs~!

    ReplyDelete