Friday, October 24, 2014

Welcome S.L. Baker


My interview with S.L Baker 

on  

Scarlett and The Mobster


  1. 1.   What prompted you to write a sexy read such as Scarlett and The Mobster?
    The popularity of the genre and my fascination with the Mob, and knowing that combining the two would be a great read.


    2.       What chapter is your favorite and why? Give me the sexiest line in the chapter.
    Chapter 6 is their first sex scene, but it wasn’t just vanilla sex its true erotica.
    ‘My hands restrained, at his mercy, and command. I was nearly out of control.’

    3.       Does your children know that you write erotica, and if so how do they feel about it?   Yes, but a different degree my youngest just knows they kiss a lot. He’s still at that age where girls are annoying. My two teenagers know they can’t read it. All three are proud that their mom got published and are hoping it makes it to the big screen, so they can play the kids roles.

    4.       Are the names of the characters in your novels important?
     Scarlett is the funniest and sassiest character and since this book has ties to the South the name Scarlett in my eyes conjures an image of the South.
    Angelina is the name I wanted to name my middle daughter.

    5.       What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?
    Don’t force it and put yourself under unrealistic deadlines. All of us have busy lives and I’d rather push the release date then rush and not have it be the best.

    6.       What advice do you have for aspiring romance/erotica authors?
     Throw your inhibitions and worries about what others may think.  Reading for many people is their escape, their fantasy, what gets them through? Try to stay away from the cliché. Let your imagination be your guide, what are your fanites, idea of what true carnal erotica is and if this was your own person romance how would it play out?

    7.       Do you research your novels? How does one prepare them-self to write a book like this? Watch movies, visit shops, bedroom experiments?
    This has two answers yes and no. I did some research on the Mob component of the book as far as the erotic part I was single at the time of writing this so it was a combination of my past marriage, fantasies. I did spend time at my local Adam and Eve shop and they were great in giving a tour and explaining how different products worked, my imagination took it from there.

    8.       Do you think there is snobbery against erotica in the U.S.A?
    I believed that before fifty shades stormed the market, there was. I was flipping through the TV the other day and Nine and a half weeks was on, and I watched it. I realized how ahead of its time it truly was. But Fifty Shades of Grey just blew the lid off of the erotica market and brushed aside any snobbery that existed.




No comments:

Post a Comment